Chattanooga is one of the most exciting places to visit in Tennessee! Between the beautiful mountain scenery and endless outdoor activities, the city attracts visitors from all over. Don’t forget to make a stop in downtown Chattanooga while you’re in town. You won’t want to miss the area’s best shops, pubs, and eateries! You have to experience the fun for yourself.
Plan the Best Trip to Downtown Chattanooga
- The Tennessee Aquarium is one of the area’s most popular attractions and for good reason. It’s known as one of the best aquariums in the nation’s, and you won’t be able to miss it. Just look for the 12-foot glass peaks. You won’t want to miss the penguin exhibit!
- You shouldn’t leave Chattanooga without a visit to the Bluff View Art District. Explore the romantic Sculpture Garden or spend the afternoon at the Hunter Museum of American Art.
Embrace the Outdoors
- Coolidge Park is one of the best spots to appreciate the outdoors in downtown. This riverfront park is a popular gathering place with plenty of green space and shade.
- Go for an evening bike ride through the Tennessee Riverpark & Riverwalk. The paved trail follows along the river, lined with a variety of shops and galleries. You never know what you might find along the way!
- Shop for a keepsake at the Chattanooga Market. You’ll find handmade goods and crafts in shops lining Main Street. These little souvenirs are one of the best ways to remember your time in our beautiful city.
Food and Drink
- Public House is a favorite among locals. The modern ambiance and hardy portions of delicious, American food will make you want seconds.
- Head to Urban Stack for a friendly atmosphere and a “killer” burger after a long day. You can’t go wrong with this popular spot. Be sure to take a look at their unique drink menu.
- Flying Squirrel is a go-to for locals when they want a place to sip and socialize with friends. This modern, industrial bar is a great place to relax after a day of exploring the downtown scene.
Stay at Chanticleer Inn
A trip to Chattanooga isn’t complete without a full dose of Mother Nature. Booking your stay at Chanticleer Inn on Lookout Mountain gives you the peaceful mountain getaway that you’ve been waiting for while also enjoying the excitement of downtown Chattanooga. You’ll be just minutes from dozens of restaurants, bars, and shops. It’s truly the best of both worlds!
Rest your head after a long day in Room 5. You’ll be pampered with a king-sized bed, gas fireplace to keep you warm during the chilly months, and a private patio. From a complimentary breakfast each morning to cozy bathrobes, we provide everything you need for ultimate relaxation. Check our availability and book your stay with us today.